Sunday, August 14, 2011

Week 3 - Update

(Elitist Coding)

Hiya, I am just sipping some wine and trying to figure out wtf am I doing. The design of TSOTR is ok, but c++ and how to use it's libraries especially boost is something terrible. When I have stuff like this...

boost::shared_ptr<std::vector<boost::shared_ptr<GameObject>>>playerActions(new std::vector<boost::shared_ptr<GameObject>>);

... in my code I am not sure should I cry or laugh. No, I am not going to back off and switch language. Don't get me wrong. I really like c++, but when you need to get something more or less dynamic stuff code can look like above. Sure I could use typedef this and that, but then code would get even harder to understand, because all definitions would be hidden. Oh and you don't even want to know what kind of error messages monsters like above can produce...

Stats (Made with Code Analyzer by mteel)

No comments:

Post a Comment