Monday, July 25, 2011

C++ std & TSOTR

I had some time yesterday and this evening to develop more TSOTR.

One thing is for sure. C++ std is not enough when creating something as complex as TSOTR. I tried to use std only, but I just couldn't do it. Now I am using boost and there is more than enough stuff to satisfy my needs of a bit more exotic stuff.

TSOTR itself is coming along quite nicely. I have designed and coded some parts of state system, subsystems and input.

I also had some random thoughts about making TSOTR 2D game and turn based. Current plans are to make TSOTR 3D and real time with possibility to accelerate time when needed. What do you think? Should TSOTR be turn based or real time game? What about 2D and 3D?

As 2D game reference this is what I can make in one evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment